Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant that brightens the skin tone and reduces the appearance of signs of aging. This formula offers a very fine L-Ascorbic Acid powder that visibly targets the appearance of uneven skin tone, dullness, and signs of aging and is formulated to be mixed with other treatments (except those containing Niacinamide or EUK 134).
The format of this formula is a very fine, anhydrous, L-Ascorbic Acid powder and, as such, provides the most direct exposure of extremely high concentrations of Vitamin C topically. With such format, a very strong tingling but non-irritating sensation is expected during the first 1-2 weeks of use until the skin’s tolerance to such high exposure is elevated.
* If topical Vitamin C is used as part of skincare, it should be applied at alternate times with EUK 134 or Niacinamide (ideally Vitamin C in the PM and EUK 134/Niacinamide in the AM). Otherwise, EUK 134/Niacinamide can affect the integrity of pure-form Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid).
The Ordinary’s portfolio of Vitamin C includes the following formulations:
- Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone
- Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%
- Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%
- Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%
- Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%
- Ethylated Ascorbic Acid 15% Solution
- 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder
Topical Vitamin C offers a wide array of benefits to the skin. However, many forms of Vitamin C and many more formulations of Vitamin C are available commercially with a potential to confuse the audience.
Mix a small amount with other treatments in the palm of your hand and apply to face in the AM or the PM. Avoid contact with the eyes. A tingling sensation can be expected after application. Do not mix with formulations containing Niacinamide or EUK 134. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. Keep out of reach of children. Patch tests are an easy way to help predict if you may experience a negative initial reaction to a new product. It is recommended to perform a patch test before incorporating any new product into your regimen.
Apply a small amount of the product onto a clean area of skin on the upper forearm.
Keep the area dry.
If the product has a specified duration of use, rinse off after this time has elapsed. Otherwise rinse off after 24 hours.
If any redness, burning, itching, blistering or irritation is observed at any time throughout the test, do not use the product.